- Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
- so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
- For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries.
- In all this, they are surprised that you do not run with them into the same excesses of dissipation, and they malign you;
- but they will give account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.