- For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
- He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
- And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
- For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
- and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.