- He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.
- And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.
- The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.
- Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter.
- Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.