- Then the LORD awaked as one out of sleep, and like a mighty man that shouteth by reason of wine.
- And he smote his enemies in the hinder parts: he put them to a perpetual reproach.
- Moreover he refused the tabernacle of Joseph, and chose not the tribe of Ephraim:
- But chose the tribe of Judah, the mount Zion which he loved.
- And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, like the earth which he hath established for ever.
- Then the Lord awoke as if from sleep, Like a warrior overcome by wine.
- He drove His adversaries backward; He put on them an everlasting reproach.
- He also rejected the tent of Joseph, And did not choose the tribe of Ephraim,
- But chose the tribe of Judah, Mount Zion which He loved.
- And He built His sanctuary like the heights, Like the earth which He has founded forever.