- For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
- Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
- Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
- For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
- Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.