- But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
- Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
- I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
- That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
- Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;