- For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
- And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
- And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
- For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
- And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.