- Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;
- Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
- As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
- Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
- Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: