- He who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and he who gives gifts to the rich--both come to poverty.
- Pay attention and listen to the sayings of the wise; apply your heart to what I teach,
- for it is pleasing when you keep them in your heart and have all of them ready on your lips.
- So that your trust may be in the LORD, I teach you today, even you.
- Have I not written thirty sayings for you, sayings of counsel and knowledge,
- He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want.
- Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.
- For it is a pleasant thing if thou keep them within thee; they shall withal be fitted in thy lips.
- That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee.
- Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge,