- A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.
- The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable, But the mouth of fools spouts folly.
- The eyes of the LORD are in every place, Watching the evil and the good.
- A soothing tongue is a tree of life, But perversion in it crushes the spirit.
- A fool rejects his father's discipline, But he who regards reproof is sensible.
- A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
- The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
- The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
- A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.
- A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent.