- The dove came to him toward evening, and behold, in her beak was a freshly picked olive leaf. So Noah knew that the water was abated from the earth.
- Then he waited yet another seven days, and sent out the dove; but she did not return to him again.
- Now it came about in the six hundred and first year, in the first month, on the first of the month, the water was dried up from the earth. Then Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and behold, the surface of the ground was dried up.
- In the second month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, the earth was dry.
- Then God spoke to Noah, saying,