- Sheol, and the barren womb, Earth that is never satisfied with water, And fire that never says, "Enough."
- The eye that mocks a father And scorns a mother, The ravens of the valley will pick it out, And the young eagles will eat it.
- There are three things which are too wonderful for me, Four which I do not understand:
- The way of an eagle in the sky, The way of a serpent on a rock, The way of a ship in the middle of the sea, And the way of a man with a maid.
- This is the way of an adulterous woman: She eats and wipes her mouth, And says, "I have done no wrong."