- And a servant-girl, seeing him as he sat in the firelight and looking intently at him, said, "This man was with Him too."
- But he denied it, saying, "Woman, I do not know Him."
- A little later, another saw him and said, "You are one of them too!" But Peter said, "Man, I am not!"
- After about an hour had passed, another man began to insist, saying, "Certainly this man also was with Him, for he is a Galilean too."
- But Peter said, "Man, I do not know what you are talking about." Immediately, while he was still speaking, a rooster crowed.