- Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed,
- to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men.
- For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another.
- But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared,
- He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,