- Blowing toward the south, Then turning toward the north, The wind continues swirling along; And on its circular courses the wind returns.
- All the rivers flow into the sea, Yet the sea is not full. To the place where the rivers flow, There they flow again.
- All things are wearisome; Man is not able to tell it. The eye is not satisfied with seeing, Nor is the ear filled with hearing.
- That which has been is that which will be, And that which has been done is that which will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun.
- Is there anything of which one might say, "See this, it is new"? Already it has existed for ages Which were before us.