- All her majesty Has departed from the daughter of Zion; Her princes have become like deer That have found no pasture; And they have fled without strength Before the pursuer.
- In the days of her affliction and homelessness Jerusalem remembers all her precious things That were from the days of old, When her people fell into the hand of the adversary And no one helped her The adversaries saw her, They mocked at her ruin.
- Jerusalem sinned greatly, Therefore she has become an unclean thing All who honored her despise her Because they have seen her nakedness; Even she herself groans and turns away.
- Her uncleanness was in her skirts; She did not consider her future Therefore she has fallen astonishingly; She has no comforter "See, O LORD, my affliction, For the enemy has magnified himself!"
- The adversary has stretched out his hand Over all her precious things, For she has seen the nations enter her sanctuary, The ones whom You commanded That they should not enter into Your congregation.