- Whenever those went, these went; and whenever those stood still, these stood still. And whenever those rose from the earth, the wheels rose close beside them; for the spirit of the living beings was in the wheels.
- Now over the heads of the living beings there was something like an expanse, like the awesome gleam of crystal, spread out over their heads.
- Under the expanse their wings were stretched out straight, one toward the other; each one also had two wings covering its body on the one side and on the other.
- I also heard the sound of their wings like the sound of abundant waters as they went, like the voice of the Almighty, a sound of tumult like the sound of an army camp; whenever they stood still, they dropped their wings.
- And there came a voice from above the expanse that was over their heads; whenever they stood still, they dropped their wings.