- So they said to him, "What should we do to you that the sea may become calm for us?"--for the sea was becoming increasingly stormy.
- He said to them, "Pick me up and throw me into the sea. Then the sea will become calm for you, for I know that on account of me this great storm has come upon you."
- However, the men rowed desperately to return to land but they could not, for the sea was becoming even stormier against them.
- Then they called on the LORD and said, "We earnestly pray, O LORD, do not let us perish on account of this man's life and do not put innocent blood on us; for You, O LORD, have done as You have pleased."
- So they picked up Jonah, threw him into the sea, and the sea stopped its raging.