- the latter do it out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel;
- the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition rather than from pure motives, thinking to cause me distress in my imprisonment.
- What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in this I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice,
- for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
- according to my earnest expectation and hope, that I will not be put to shame in anything, but that with all boldness, Christ will even now, as always, be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.