- namely, if any man is above reproach, the husband of one wife, having children who believe, not accused of dissipation or rebellion.
- For the overseer must be above reproach as God's steward, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not addicted to wine, not pugnacious, not fond of sordid gain,
- but hospitable, loving what is good, sensible, just, devout, self-controlled,
- holding fast the faithful word which is in accordance with the teaching, so that he will be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict.
- For there are many rebellious men, empty talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision,