- and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness,
- and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love.
- For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins.
- Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble;