- My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching.
- Bind them upon your heart forever; fasten them around your neck.
- When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you.
- For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life,
- keeping you from the immoral woman, from the smooth tongue of the wayward wife.
- My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
- Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.
- When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.
- For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
- To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.