- My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching.
- Bind them upon your heart forever; fasten them around your neck.
- When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you.
- For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life,
- keeping you from the immoral woman, from the smooth tongue of the wayward wife.
- My son, observe the commandment of your father And do not forsake the teaching of your mother;
- Bind them continually on your heart; Tie them around your neck.
- When you walk about, they will guide you; When you sleep, they will watch over you; And when you awake, they will talk to you.
- For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching is light; And reproofs for discipline are the way of life
- To keep you from the evil woman, From the smooth tongue of the adulteress.