- In the four hundred and eightieth year after the Israelites had come out of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month of Ziv, the second month, he began to build the temple of the LORD.
- The temple that King Solomon built for the LORD was sixty cubits long, twenty wide and thirty high.
- The portico at the front of the main hall of the temple extended the width of the temple, that is twenty cubits, and projected ten cubits from the front of the temple.
- He made narrow clerestory windows in the temple.
- Against the walls of the main hall and inner sanctuary he built a structure around the building, in which there were side rooms.