- An oracle concerning the animals of the Negev: Through a land of hardship and distress, of lions and lionesses, of adders and darting snakes, the envoys carry their riches on donkeys' backs, their treasures on the humps of camels, to that unprofitable nation,
- to Egypt, whose help is utterly useless. Therefore I call her Rahab the Do-Nothing.
- Go now, write it on a tablet for them, inscribe it on a scroll, that for the days to come it may be an everlasting witness.
- These are rebellious people, deceitful children, children unwilling to listen to the LORD's instruction.
- They say to the seers, "See no more visions!" and to the prophets, "Give us no more visions of what is right! Tell us pleasant things, prophesy illusions.