- But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.
- Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
- In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you
- to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- which God will bring about in his own time--God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,