- He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.
- For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone.
- If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
- For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.
- You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.