- The vision concerning Judah and Jerusalem that Isaiah son of Amoz saw during the reigns of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
- Hear, O heavens! Listen, O earth! For the LORD has spoken: "I reared children and brought them up, but they have rebelled against me.
- The ox knows his master, the donkey his owner's manger, but Israel does not know, my people do not understand."
- Ah, sinful nation, a people loaded with guilt, a brood of evildoers, children given to corruption! They have forsaken the LORD; they have spurned the Holy One of Israel and turned their backs on him.
- Why should you be beaten anymore? Why do you persist in rebellion? Your whole head is injured, your whole heart afflicted.