- When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
- Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked like an expanse, sparkling like ice, and awesome.
- Under the expanse their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings covering its body.
- When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty, like the tumult of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings.
- Then there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads as they stood with lowered wings.