- He is to slaughter it at the north side of the altar before the LORD, and Aaron's sons the priests shall sprinkle its blood against the altar on all sides.
- He is to cut it into pieces, and the priest shall arrange them, including the head and the fat, on the burning wood that is on the altar.
- He is to wash the inner parts and the legs with water, and the priest is to bring all of it and burn it on the altar. It is a burnt offering, an offering made by fire, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.
- " 'If the offering to the LORD is a burnt offering of birds, he is to offer a dove or a young pigeon.
- The priest shall bring it to the altar, wring off the head and burn it on the altar; its blood shall be drained out on the side of the altar.