- If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer.
- And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.
- We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life.
- Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead.
- He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us,