- Paul, Silas and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
- Grace and peace to you from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing.
- Therefore, among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring.
- All this is evidence that God's judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.