- If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.
- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
- If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.